Intracellular divalent ion oscillations: Is this the key phenomenon in rhythm generators?
Divalent ion oscillations in rhythm generators
- Tsien RW, Kass RS, Weingart R. Cellular and subcellular mechanisms of cardiac pacemaker oscillations. J Exp Biol. 1979 Aug; 81:205-15. [Pubmed]
- Tsien RW, Carpenter DO. Ionic mechanisms of pacemaker activity in cardiac Purkinje fibers. Fed Proc. 1978 Jun; 37(8):2127-31. [Pubmed]
- Viatchenko-Karpinski S, Fleischmann BK, Liu Q, Sauer H, Gryshchenko O, Ji GJ, Hescheler J. Intracellular Ca2+ oscillations drive spontaneous contractions in cardiomyocytes during early development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999 Jul 6; 96(14):8259-64. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- Frermann D, Keller BU, Richter DW. Calcium oscillations in rhythmically active respiratory neurones in the brainstem of the mouse. J Physiol. 1999 Feb 15; 515 (Pt 1):119-31. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- Al-Shboul OA. The importance of interstitial cells of Cajal in the gastrointestinal tract. Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2013 Jan-Feb; 19(1):3-15. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- Takaki M. Gut pacemaker cells: the interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC). J Smooth Muscle Res. 2003 Oct; 39(5):137-61. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- Guertin PA. Central pattern generator for locomotion: anatomical, physiological, and pathophysiological considerations. Front Neurol. 2013 Feb 8; 3:183. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- Michel S, Itri J, Colwell CS. Excitatory mechanisms in the suprachiasmatic nucleus: the role of AMPA/KA glutamate receptors. J Neurophysiol. 2002 Aug; 88(2):817-28. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- van Ooijen G, O'Neill JS. Intracellular magnesium and the rhythms of life. Cell Cycle. 2016 Nov 16;15(22):2997-8. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- Feeney KA, Hansen LL, Putker M, Olivares-Yañez C, Day J, Eades LJ, Larrondo LF, Hoyle NP, O'Neill JS, van Ooijen G. Daily magnesium fluxes regulate cellular timekeeping and energy balance. Nature. 2016 Apr 21;532(7599):375-9. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- Yago MD, Manas M, Singh J. Intracellular magnesium: transport and regulation in epithelial secretory cells. Front Biosci. 2000 Jul 1;5:D602-18. [Pubmed]
- Maret W. Zinc in cellular regulation: The nature and significance of "Zinc Signals". Int J Mol Sci. 2017 Oct 31;18(11):2285. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors warrants and represents that the submitted MANUSCRIPT is an original work and has not been published before in any form, and that it does not infringe upon any copyright or other right(s), that it does not contain infringing, libelous, obscene or other unlawful matter, that he/she is the sole and exclusive owner of the rights here-in conveyed to the Publisher, and that he/she has obtained the customary permission from the copyright owner or his legal representative whenever a text/passage from copyrighted material is quoted or a table or illustration from such material is used. The Author(s) will indemnify the Publisher for, and hold the Publisher harmless from any loss, expense or damage occasioned by any claim or suit by a third party for copyright infringement or arising out of any breach of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of the Article. The Article shall be delivered to the Publisher free of copyright charges. In the event that the Article is not accepted and published by Publisher, this agreement becomes null and void.