Annals of Medical Physiology (Ann Med Physiol.) follows International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) – Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals (Updated December 2019).
- The authors should ensure that they write the entire manuscript themselves, and if the authors have used the research results and/or words of others it has to be appropriately cited or quoted.
- Gross form of plagiarism is ‘Duplicate publication’ which is the publication of a manuscript that overlaps substantially with already published article, without clear, visible reference to the previous publication.
- Multiple and Redundant Publication: Author(s) should not publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal.
- All the submitted manuscripts will be checked for potential plagiarism by iThenticate Plagiarism Detection Software.
- If substantial similarity index is found with already published literature, then the manuscript is immediately rejected.
- If a small portion of the manuscript shows overlapping text with already published literature and appropriate citation has not been provided, then the manuscript will be sent for revision.
A significant volume of published literature may not be in the purview of the databases searched by the plagiarism software. Hence a published manuscript, which passed the initial plagiarism check, subsequently found to be plagiarized will be subjected to ICMJE’s policy of publication of correction, republication or retraction depending on the extent of misconduct.