Failing immune surveillance in humans: Repercussion of modern day lifestyles
Immune watch: Losing battle with lifestyle
- The American Cancer Society medical and editorial content team. Immune checkpoint inhibitors to treat cancer [Internet]. Atlanta (GA): American Cancer Society; [Updated 2018 Oct 1]. Available from: https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/treatment-types/immunotherapy/immune-checkpoint-inhibitors.html (Last accessed March 20, 2019)
- Burnet FM. The concept of immunological surveillance. Prog Exp Tumor Res. 1970; 13:1-27. [Pubmed]
- Paul S, Lal G. Development and function of natural killer cells and its importance in cancer immunotherapy. In: Hayat MA, editor. Immunology. London: Academic Press, an imprint of Elsevier; 2018, pp.117-40. [Crossref]
- Fleuren GJ, Gorter A, Kuppen PJ. Immune surveillance. In: Delves PJ, editor. Encyclopedia of immunology. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Academic Press; 1998. pp.1243-47.
- Reig M, Boix L, Mariño Z, Torres F, Forns X, Bruix J. Liver cancer emergence associated with antiviral treatment: An immune surveillance failure? Semin Liver Dis. 2017 May; 37(2):109-118. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- MacGillivray DM, Kollmann TR. The role of environmental factors in modulating immune responses in early life. Front Immunol. 2014 Sep 12; 5:434. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- Strachan DP. Hay fever, hygiene, and household size. BMJ. 1989 Nov 18; 299(6710):1259-60. [Pubmed] [Crossref]
- Yasmeen J, Arifuddin MS, Khatoon N, Mahveen U, Hazari MA. Immediate effects of mobile phone radiations on heart rate variability in college going students. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2018; 8(1):56-61. [Crossref]
- Basu T. What’s new among cancer etiology horizon? In: Atroshi F, editor. Cancer causing substances. London: IntechOpen; 2018. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/books/cancer-causing-substances/what-s-new-among-cancer-etiology-horizon- [Crossref]
- Lifestyle choices may affect immune system [Internet]. New York: Ameritas Wellness. 2014 Mar 5. Available from: https://www.ameritasinsight.com/wellness/health-and-wellness/lifestyle-choices-may-affect-immune-system (Last accessed March 20, 2019)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors warrants and represents that the submitted MANUSCRIPT is an original work and has not been published before in any form, and that it does not infringe upon any copyright or other right(s), that it does not contain infringing, libelous, obscene or other unlawful matter, that he/she is the sole and exclusive owner of the rights here-in conveyed to the Publisher, and that he/she has obtained the customary permission from the copyright owner or his legal representative whenever a text/passage from copyrighted material is quoted or a table or illustration from such material is used. The Author(s) will indemnify the Publisher for, and hold the Publisher harmless from any loss, expense or damage occasioned by any claim or suit by a third party for copyright infringement or arising out of any breach of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of the Article. The Article shall be delivered to the Publisher free of copyright charges. In the event that the Article is not accepted and published by Publisher, this agreement becomes null and void.